13709Re: [mythsoc] Symphony season spans Middle Earth to stars

  • Berni Phillips
    Feb 17, 2005
      From: Mike Foster <mafoster@...>

      >All unbidden
      >came a prophetic Nashville vision
      >of excerpts from the Shore score
      >sung by Amy Grant [Eowyn]
      >and Vince Gill [Faramir].

      And the music would be transposed down half an octave because that woman sings all in chest voice. I was shocked when I heard Amy Grant's version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." That song is low enough as written and she had it transposed even lower because she has no vocal technique. (It's not like she's Karen Carpenter who truly had a low voice which was very rich. Amy Grant just has an extremely limited range.)

      Berni
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic