13686Re: Book of the Three Dragons

  • Douglas A. Anderson
    Feb 6, 2005
      Lisa Padol wrote:

      > Knock me over with a feather! Kenneth Morris' Book of the Three Dragons
      > is back in print, for $12, from Cold Spring Press, with the material
      > that the publisher cut from the original edition, on the theory that
      > the book was too long. I am astonished! I bought a copy at once, of
      > course. Did I miss an email on this?

      It's the first in a series of fantasy classics that I'm editing for Cold
      Spring Press. I was very pleased to see that book finally published in its
      complete form. In the new edition the novel runs to 227 pages, of which 55
      pages were previously unpublished, so it's no small amount.

      The next book up in the series is Lud-in-the-Mist by Hope Mirrlees,
      reprinted from the 1926 first edition. Like with the Morris, I did a short
      Intro on the author, but this book adds a Foreword by Neil Gaiman.
      Lud-in-the-Mist should be in stores around the end of this month, or early

      Among the others lined up for summer and fall is an anthology I'm editing,
      Seekers of Dreams, and a reissue of The Marvellous Land of Snergs by E. A.
      Wyke-Smith, Tolkien's "source-book for hobbits".

      Doug A.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic