13683Re: [mythsoc] Tolkien summary of the day

  • Stolzi
    Feb 5, 2005
      > "In The Lord of the Rings, the future of Middle Earth lies in the balance.
      > The plucky hobbits cross treacherous mountains to stop the evil Lord
      > Saramon obtaining the ring he needs for world domination."

      Ouch! I was googling on PD James the other day and found an Anglican BISHOP
      who started out a review of a James detective novel by informing us that
      Agatha Christie wrote "The Nine Taylors" [sic]

      He also got James' first name and her title of nobility (she's "Baroness
      James") wrong, but what the hey.

      Diamond Proudbrook
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic