13621Tolkien Studies on MUSE redux

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Jan 6, 2005
      For those who do have access to the library database Project Muse, the
      first issue of Tolkien Studies is now available:

      Tolkien Studies: An Annual Scholarly Review presents the growing body of
      critical commentary and scholarship on both J.R.R. Tolkien's voluminous
      fiction and his academic work in literary and linguistic fields. The
      founding editors are Douglas A. Anderson (The Annotated Hobbit), Michael
      D. C. Drout (Beowulf and the Critics), and Verlyn Flieger (Splintered
      Light: Logos and Language in Tolkien's World). To preview a sample
      issue, go to http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/tolkien_studies/
      <http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/tolkien_studies/> .

      If you aren't connected to a university or college, you might check with
      your state department of libraries and see if Project Muse is one of the
      databases subscribed to by the state library on behalf of all state
      residents.

      Janet Brennan Croft
      Head of Access Services
      University of Oklahoma Libraries
      Bizzell 104NW
      Norman OK 73019
      405-325-1918
      Fax 405-325-7618
      jbcroft@...
      http://libraries.ou.edu/
      "In early days, I tried not to give librarians any trouble, which was
      where I made my primary mistake. Librarians like to be given trouble;
      they exist for it, they are geared to it. For the location of a mislaid
      volume, an uncatalogued item, your good librarian has a ferret's nose.
      Give her a scent and she jumps the leash, her eye bright with battle."
      Catherine Drinker Bowen (1897-1973), U.S. biographer. Adventures of a
      Biographer, ch. 9 (1959).