13605Tolkien Centenary Conference Proceedings

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Jan 3, 2005
      --- Original Message ---
      From: David Bratman <dbratman@...>

      > Unless she has entirely forgotten her tenure as Mythopoeic Press Secretary,
      > she will remember establishing a policy to allow books to exhaust their
      > print run and then go out of print.

      No such policy was ever established. David B., I believe, misinterpreted a
      statement that I made to him in private about reprinting the Masques. I am
      sorry that this misunderstanding took place; I have done my best to clarify my
      statement in the past, but apparently this misapprehension lingers.

      My record shows that no such policy existed, as Sayers on Holmes was reprinted
      twice under my tenure and The Pedant and the Shuffly was reprinted once. I
      stated for the record on more than one occasion that it was my desire to
      reprint the Proceedings if possible. I believe, if asked, my editorial board,
      as well as the current Mythopoeic Press Secretary, would have a different
      recollection of what my policy was.

      Thank you for allowing me to clarify this misunderstanding once again, and I
      would ask that any further questions be directed to me offlist.

      Joan Marie Verba
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic