13519RE: [mythsoc] libraries

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Dec 21, 2004
      Joe Christopher said:

      It was in my hometown that Ruth Brown was fired as public librarian
      nominally for having communist literature in the stacks (this was way
      back when), actually for going into a local drug store with two
      African-American women and asking to be served lunch. Janet, you should
      be aware of the episode since (1) it happened in OKlahoma where you're
      living and (2) O.U. Press published a book about it.

      ***Neat! I've seen it in the OU Press catalog, but now that I know more
      about it I'll have to read it!

      Janet

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/DtIolB/TM

      Links