13338Re: [mythsoc] father christmas letters : 1921-22 ?/ LoR translation in Arabic

    Dec 3, 2004
      At 05:25 PM 12/3/2004 +0100, Vincent wrote:

      >A new French edition of The Father Christmas Letters has just been
      >published, and I was wondering about the absence of years 1921-1922, whereas
      >1920 & 1923 ff are present. Does anyone know why ?

      They're not in the expanded English-language edition, either, and no
      explanation is provided. Possibly they were lost, or were cut for space.

      >And I was also wondering if a translation into Arabic exists. Do you know
      >that ?

      I do not know, but as of 1992 no books by Tolkien had been published in
      Arabic at all, so perhaps there is none.

      David Bratman
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic