13337Re: [mythsoc] Tolkien and Freemasonry

  • AMV Howard
    Dec 3, 2004
      However, the original question was asked in connection with the Eye of
      Sauron, a fairly clear symbol of evil. Is it not then possible that
      Tolkien was appropriating a well-known (was it well-known at the
      time?) Masonic image as a way to speak against the order?

      /A