13323Re: [mythsoc] Jobs in this mailing list

  • Carnimiriel Isilraen
    Dec 2, 2004
      Ok, I've mostly lurked since joining this list, but just had to chime in
      for this one, since I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person on here
      that wears multiple "hats" jobwise!

      I am a classical singer and voice teacher who teaches at a midwestern
      liberal arts college, a high school performing arts magnet program, and
      just about anybody else who shows up and wants to learn. My singing
      career includes everything from opera (mostly chorus and bit parts these
      days) to church/synagogue work and tap dancing in a santa suit (ok so
      that is not singing but I was hired as a singer and those of us who
      claimed to know a dance step or two had to do that too). This weekend I
      have three Christmas caroling gigs and one Chanukah concert!

      I am also a writer, mostly for my own enjoyment, but with a few articles
      published here and there in obscure publications, a ballet libretto
      (discussed at last Mythcon), and a novel in progress.

      Ellen Denham