12997Re: [mythsoc] Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell author says...
- Sep 30, 2004* Clearly she has a loose definition of "unnamed", then, because "The Raven
* King" is a name, sort of, it's just not a proper name. More of a
* description, but then "Sauron" in origin was a description, and ...
* I've got it.
* She's thinking of the Witch King, the Lord of the Nazgul. He's otherwise
* unnamed (except for an occasional "Angmar" for the country he was once king
* of), and "witch" is close enough of a synonym to "magician". That's gotta
* be it.
Thanks David. I finished the first several chapters -- it's entertaining
in a breezy way.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>