      From: Jack jack@...
      Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:01:35 -0400
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Stardust by Neil Gaiman

      >I read Stardust while I was in San Diego. I understand that this title
      >won a Mythopoeic Fantasy award. What I don't understand is how it won a
      >Mythopoeic Fantasy Award. I found the novel flat, uninspiring, and not
      >particularly well written.
      >
      >Were the other nominees that year really that bad?

      Actually each was better than Stardust with The High House the most
      mythopoec.

      1999
      (Adult)
      * *Stardust by Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess
      * Someplace to be Flying by Charles de Lint
      * The History of our World Beyond the Wave by R.E. Klein
      * Song for the Basilisk by Patricia A. McKillip
      * The High House by James Stoddard

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://mail2web.com/ .
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic