12757Re: [mythsoc] Stardust by Neil Gaiman

  • Deidre
    Aug 3, 2004
      At 01:13 PM 8/3/04 -0500, Joan wrote:
      >Matthew Winslow wrote:
      >
      > > Joan, did you read the print-only version or the 'graphic novel'? The Vess
      > > illustrations really bring the story to life.
      >
      >This was the "print-only" version.

      Neil and Charles collaborated on this graphic novel, if that's one wishes
      to call it. The pictures and the story just go together perfectly IMHO. I
      can't imagine the story without those pictures. Please try it again in the
      "illustrated" version. I would like to hope that you would think better of it.

      Btw, Vess is one of my favorite artists and Gaiman is one of my favorite
      writers, so I have always thought that their work together is magical.
      Mythopoeic, *shrugs* I don't know, but their work, together and separately,
      does resonate with me.

      Deidre
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic