12745RE: [mythsoc] Stardust by Neil Gaiman

  • Fisher, Matt
    Aug 3, 2004
      Joan,

      > I read Stardust while I was in San Diego. I understand that this title
      > won a Mythopoeic Fantasy award. What I don't understand is
      > how it won a
      > Mythopoeic Fantasy Award. I found the novel flat, uninspiring, and not
      > particularly well written.
      >
      > Were the other nominees that year really that bad?

      Looking over the list of finalists from that year (I was on the committee), my recollection is that I found several of the titles just as weak (in different ways)...particularly the Klein and Stoddard.

      My personal top choice that year was the McKillip (if my memory is correct), but I honestly don't remember where I placed Stardust.

      Matt Fisher
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic