12741Re: [mythsoc] Winners?

  • Matthew Winslow
    Aug 2, 2004
      WendellWag@... [WendellWag@...] wrote:
      > _Tolkien and the Great War: The Threshold of Middle-earth_ by John Garth
      > _The Myth of the American Superhero_ by John Lawrence and Robert Jewett
      > _Sunshine_ by Robin McKinley_
      > _The Hollow Kingdom_ by Claire B. Dunkle

      Thanks, Wendell. The Garth and the Lawrence/Jewett come as no suprise, but I
      must admit I'm a bit amazed at the McKinley. Not that it wasn't well written,
      but I didn't feel it was 'in the spirit of the Inklings' all that much. (And I
      haven't read the Dunkle, so I haven't any opinion about it.)

      "No one who has once taken the language under his care can ever again be
      really happy."
      --Thomas Lounsbury
      Currently reading: Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic