12617Re: [mythsoc] Tolkien on Audio CD?

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Jul 13, 2004
      As I'm getting older, the migraines are getting worse and the eye site
      more variable, so I usually read articles and get audio books for the
      longer items I really want to read.

      I have been to busy "reading" my Harry Potter to get around the LotR
      yet. All the HP books are unabridged (the last two being Very Long) and
      read by Jim Dale (A british actor who usually does stage and musicals).
      He's actually been knighted for his readings.

      I don't always agree with the voices he uses, but he's got the pacing
      and the emotions down pretty well.

      Wish he could do a reading of LotR.

      Mythically yours,
      Lisa