12436Re: [mythsoc] Malazan Book of the Fallen

  • Larry Swain
    Jun 27, 2004
      From: Bill <lunacy2@...>
      Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 15:05:45 -0400
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Malazan Book of the Fallen

      > For what it's worth, Liz, I put the question to some of my
      > bookseller co-workers yesterday, since Saturday is the
      > day when I get to see the largest number of the ones who
      > read fantasy and sf. (We have about a half dozen of us
      > in my store.).Most of us have read the _Tapestry_ and
      > most of Kay's books.
      >
      > Out of the five I saw, four of us(including myself) agree about
      > the
      > "kitchen sink" but that it didn't bother us for the most part
      > since we
      > liked the chars(awkward opening and all) and so kept reading to
      > find out what happened.
      >
      > The general consensus was that _Tigana_ was our favorite with
      > the new _Last Light of the Sun_ as second.
      >
      > The fifth person was trying to compare Kay to some manga series
      > with
      > which I'm not familiar and so I'm not sure what he thought. <grin>
      >

      > Bill

      Oh yes, I liked Tigana much better, and I actually really liked Lions as well, though I can not say that that was a fantasy book. Pseudo-history novel, which might classify as fantasy, but in that case it was so thinly veiled that I can not say it was a fantasy genre book. Anyway, I liked it whatever it was. I'm several years behind on my reading list, and so haven't read Last Light yet.

      Larry Swain
      From your mailbox to local or overseas cell phones.