12224Re: [mythsoc] Tolkien, Jonah, and Job

  • Michael Martinez
    Jun 4 3:28 PM
      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Apgar Triano"
      <lizziewriter@e...> wrote:

      > I'm sorry, but I have no idea what that A word is or what it means.
      > There's also the evidence of what?

      Adunaic is the name of the language Tolkien devised for his Edainic
      peoples. It replaced an earlier language, Taliska, which had been
      devised for the so-called mythology for England (THE BOOK OF LOST
      TALES) and was a pseudo-Germanic language.

      Adunaic was incorporated into the LORD OF THE RINGS mythology. It is
      mentioned in the Appendices.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic