12068Re: [mythsoc] Crossdressing heroines and other things that remain

  • juliet@firinn.org
    May 10, 2004
      On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 02:37:43PM -0400, Elizabeth Apgar Triano wrote:
      > I am glad to see the name Tamar associated with some forces of good/power.
      > Haven't had time to follow up on the actual tales yet, but until now the
      > only association I had for that name was I think one of Noah's daughters,
      > who didn't have the greatest plotline associated with her IIRC. It's such
      > a cool name, too.

      The main Biblical Tamar is one of David's daughters. Her half-brother
      Amnon lusted after her and tricked her into his bedroom, where he raped
      her and rejected her. It wasn't her fault, but it certainly is an
      unpleasant story.

      Julie
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic