12043Re: [mythsoc] Jackson's Eowyn gets it

  • SusanPal@aol.com
    May 3, 2004
      In a message dated 5/3/2004 6:13:51 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      lizziewriter@... writes:

      "I can't help but think that there is literary precedence indeed for the
      woman guised as a man, off to fight, and sometimes revealed and sometimes
      not. I can't think of any examples though, it's just a fairytale sense."

      There are lots and lots of examples of this in the ballad tradition -- female
      soldiers and sailors. "Bold William Taylor," "There Was a Wealthy Merchant,"
      etc. And hey, what about Joan of Arc? <g>

      Susan