12031Re: [mythsoc] Pt 1 Frodo’s task in Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings

    May 1 10:14 AM
      At 09:52 AM 5/1/2004 -0700, Walt Sheasby wrote:

      >Frodo, on the other hand, unlike Tolkien, is a localist or particularist;

      _unlike_ Tolkien? Tolkien was very particularist in his love for his local
      area, and his country (England, not Britain).

      >18. J.R.R. Tolkien, On Fairy Tales, available in the collections Tree and
      >Leaf and The Tolkien Reader,
      >http://larsen-family.us/~1066/onfairystories.html.

      I'm sure that Tolkien's estate and publishers will be very glad to know
      this illegal copy is online, so that it may be removed.

      - David Bratman
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic