1181Re: On the trail of hobbits?

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Mar 3, 2000
      WendellWag@... writes:

      > I just tried to look up what the actual difference in average height is
      > between now and 1400

      Good luck! I tried that on the Web when we had this discussion awhile ago
      on another List, and kept getting sites for role-playing games: how high is
      the Human who is combatting the Troll, and how many points to assign them,
      etc. It was v annoying!

      Role-playing games and rock bands are tops for generating false hits for
      otherwise sensible words. Plus genealogy sites, if you are trying to look
      up any author who has a name a bit more ordinary than, say, "J.R.R. Tolkien."

      Mary S
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic