11805Re: March 25

  • ravenduongladash
    Mar 25, 2004
      > In old England it was called "Lady Day." In church terms, it was
      and still
      > is the Feast of the Annunciation, precisely nine months before
      Christmas, when
      > the Angel brought the tidings unto Mary and she said, "Be it unto
      me according
      > to thy word.".
      >
      > For awhile, in England, it was the official start of a new year.
      >
      > Happy spring indeed, to everyone (unless anyone here is living Down
      Under?)

      This time of the year is a mixed blessing for those of us down-
      under. It means a relief from the blistering temperatures of summer
      (40 degC +) and a slide into the bliss of autumn until it is jumper
      time for winter. At least of those of us in Brisbane which is
      located in the subtropics. So we too celebrate this time :-)

      caio
      Graeme
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic