11713self publishing

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Mar 11, 2004
      I figured that, even though this topic wasn't exactly mythical, it would be
      close to a bibliophile's heart and supported here at least for a while.
      Personally I am more than daunted by the information I have gleaned so far,
      the websites and columns and such. Many of them seem to disparage the POD
      method. I don't mind the vanity press aspect, but obviously I don't want
      to pay way too much for the service, and it would be good to keep the price
      of the end product somewhat reasonable, just in case someone might actually
      want to buy this book.

      It sounds like a trip to the B&N magazine rack is in order, to peruse the
      advertisements in magazines besides Writers Digest (which I already get).
      I've rather been out of the loop since the late 80s, and suspect that much
      of what I did know then would be out of date today anyway. I don't expect
      this book to be any sort of great seller (in fact I'd rather dread most
      list members reading it) but perhaps for my own midlife comfort I just want
      to see it in print. Then I hope to go on and do better, just as this
      volume is better than the earlier story that made two rounds of submissions
      in the mid to late 80s.

      Lizzie Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia