1166Re: Antlered Figure Herne/Cernunnos

  • Cat Eldridge
    Mar 1, 2000
      >Susan Cooper's The Dark is Rising series is about the only fictional
      >reference I have found (which doesn't say a lot), and there he is known as
      >Herne, Master of the Wild Hunt.

      He also figures in Jane Yolen's The Wild Hunt, Charles de Lint's Greenmantle, Alan Garner's THe Moon of Gomrath, W. Harrison's Ainsworth's Herne the Hunter, Diane Daune's The Wizard Abroad, and Mildred Broxon's Too Long a Sacrifice. I suspect there are other novels with a herne the Hunter motif but those are the ones I know about.

      NR -- Brian McNeill's second busker novel, To Answer the Peacock, and Madeline L'Engle's Severed Wasp
      NP -- Pogues, Red Roses for Me
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic