11426Re: [mythsoc] Green Man review links to us

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Feb 1, 2004
      To Jack and everyone else on the list -

      The Bit from the website and the bottom of the MC35 Press Release are
      variants on our legal description that we used for that 501(c)3 we
      mention periodically.

      Copied direct from the Bylaws -
      I. TITLE AND PURPOSE

      The name of this organization shall be the Mythopoeic Society.

      The Mythopoeic Society shall be a literary and educational organization,
      devoted to the study, discussion, and enjoyment of myth, fantasy, and
      imaginative literature, and especially to the works of J. R. R. Tolkien,
      C. S. Lewis, and Charles Williams. The Society shall be based on the
      idea that these authors provide both an excellent introduction to and a
      fundamental understanding of this entire genre of literature.

      From the MC 35 Press Release -

      The Mythopoeic Society is an international literary and educational
      organization devoted to the study, discussion, and enjoyment of
      fantasy and mythic literature, especially the works of J.R.R.
      Tolkien, C.S. Lewis and Charles Williams. For further information on
      the Mythopoeic Society, please visit the Web Site,
      http://www.mythsoc.org

      So long as you keep it close, we have no problems with you using it to
      describe us. Just spell our name right <g>.

      Mythically yours,
      Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
      Treasurer, The Mythopoeic Society.

      PS And yes Liz you are very pretty <g>. Just make sure Sam doesn't get
      jeolous!

      Jack wrote:

      >Prolly. Now what I really need is a paragraph long description of the Mythopoeic Society to add to our
      >Resources page.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic