11412Re: [mythsoc] Awards, deserved and undeserved

    Jan 31, 2004
      At 01:18 AM 2/1/2004 -0500, Grace wrote:
      >In a message dated 1/31/2004 5:52:43 PM Central Standard Time,
      >dbratman@... writes:
      >The Tolkien Ensemble's music is very evocative of the book: so much so, in
      >fact, that it would be badly suited for Jackson's films, which is evocative
      >of something else altogether.
      >True, true. But at least it would have given me something to enjoy while I
      >was hideously bored for three precious hours that were wasted, never to be
      >recovered. :-)

      Why not just wear a headset to the theatre and get a more pleasant
      soundtrack for the whole thing, not just the music? It's not like very
      much in the plot would be a surprise, and that which was a surprise you'd
      be better off not knowing.

      Only one film I've ever watched all the way through was so bad I felt like
      demanding a refund, not of my money, but of the time it sucked out of my
      life. This was "First Knight", an Arthurian fluff utterly unredeemed by
      the presence of Sean Connery, John Gielgud, and even Alexis Denisof.

      - David Bratman
    • Show all 42 messages in this topic