10965Mark Hooker's _Tolkien Through Russian Eyes_

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Jan 5, 2004
      This notice posted as a favor to Mr Hooker, who was a grand speaker at
      Mythcon 34. I have not attempted to clean up the link, but I am sure you can make
      it work. Well, ok, I threw in an AOL version of the link.

      ==================Mark T Hooker========================
      I am writing everyone who was interested in my presentation to let them
      know that my book is finally out. If you liked the paper,you will prob
      like the book too.

      _Tolkien Through Russian Eyes_ examines the sociological impact of
      the translation and publication of J.R.R. Tolkien's works in post-Soviet
      Russia. This monograph relates the history of the publication of Tolkien's
      works; examines the philosophical distortions introduced by the competing
      translations, attempts to explain their origins and how they will be
      perceived by the Russian reader. Since it was published in Switzerland,
      copies of the book can be hard to come by in the States. Copies are
      available for $20 (shipped to a U.S. address) to those who can pay via
      PayPal. Click on this link

      https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=wtpusa%40yahoo.com&item_name=Tolkien+Th
      rough+Russian+Eyes&item_number=BIN-2000&amount=20.00¤cy_code=USD&lc=US
      to buy a copy.