1079Re: Selling Tolkien Memorabilia

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Jan 11, 2000
      May I also suggest the Mythopoeic Society Auction? You may not get as much money (use it for the less expense stuff), but you will be helping the Mythopoeic Society. You get 60 percent (we keep 40) and the 40 percent we keep is tax deductible! We do honor minimums, and our auctioneers do their
      best to drive up prices.

      The auctions happen every year at Mythcon which is in August this year.

      If you are interested, please contact me as I am it's organizer.

      But eBay is probably your best bet for getting the largest audience for the really valuable stuff *sigh*. The only other place I can think of that might be appropriate is Amazon.com. They too have a auction section.

      Good Luck.

      Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
      Treasurer, Mythopoeic Society.

      ecrowe@... wrote:

      > From: ecrowe@...
      >
      > I got a query from a fellow named Ron McKinnon about where to sell a bunch of Tolkien material he's had for a while. I suggested Ebay, since I know some of our collectors look there. If anyone has other ideas, or would like to see what he has, contact him at mckinnon@....

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic