1058Re: Oh Peter, Peter, Peter Beagle...

  • Mary Kay Kare
    Jan 8, 2000
      Stolzi@... wrote:

      > From: Stolzi@...
      > In a message dated 1/3/00 8:59:05 PM Central Standard Time,
      > bernip@... writes:
      > > With her drug use
      > > and disdain for authority, she was headed in the wrong direction. I
      > > shudder to think what might have become of her if her mother hadn't
      > > taken her to Britain.
      > Where, as best I recall, she never even tried to get a connection or to
      > light up. Does this mean that tougher schoolwork, hard field work, or being
      > entertained by ghosts (I'm not sure which) removes the desire for weed? :)

      I didn't find her occasional marijuana use, or disdain for authority,
      particularly disturbing or even noteworthy for a teen-ager living in NYC in the
      late 90's. I do sort of wonder what explains the total lack of interest in a
      little pot once she gets to England. Perhaps a different social milieu and all
      those adjustments?

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic