10528RE: [mythsoc] Some questions for a Thesis

  • Croft, Janet B
    Dec 3, 2003
      It seemed pretty clear to me that his thesis was almost complete and he was
      looking for a few comments from general readers to beef up some of his
      conclusions. (Maybe he'd been directed to do so by his thesis advisor?)
      Didn't sound too unreasonable to me - I often poll library discussions lists
      at some point in a paper I'm writing to see what other people are thinking
      and if I'm on the right track or not, or to support my conclusions with
      evidence from what I clearly label "an informal poll of such-and-such a
      list". I may or may not use their comments but credit them if I do. But
      that said, Mr. Karpouzian should know, as Wendell points out, that this list
      does skew more scholarly and the responses he gets here will differ from
      those on more general fan lists.

      Janet Brennan Croft

      Hubris is stealing fire from the gods. Chutzpah is offering to sell it back.

      _____