1041Re: Oh Peter, Peter, Peter Beagle...

  • Berni Phillips
    Jan 3, 2000
      Stolzi@... wrote:

      > From: Stolzi@...
      >
      > In a message dated 1/2/00 7:01:06 PM Central Standard Time,
      > unicorn@... writes:
      >
      > > The only thing I recall disappointed by in TAMSIN was that it had
      > > to end.
      >
      > But didn't you find that it took a long time starting? This was one of the
      > few criticisms that I - and many reader-reviewers on amazon.com - had. Too
      > much background, too much rambling in the (startlingly accurate) voice of the
      > teen girl narrator. Too long before they get to the farm and the
      > strangenesses begin to appear.
      >
      > Mary S

      Yes, it took too long to get to the farm. I was rather dismayed at the
      actions of the narrator while she was in New York. With her drug use
      and disdain for authority, she was headed in the wrong direction. I
      shudder to think what might have become of her if her mother hadn't
      taken her to Britain. I certainly was uninterested in the character in
      those early chapters.

      Berni
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic