104Re: Martin's series

  • Diane Baker
    Feb 23, 1999
      Don't worry about the numbers, Matt---you may have read about the seven
      extras in an earlier LOCUS.

      My Feb. 1999 copy of LOCUS says "GEORGE R. R. MARTIN sold the final
      three books in his "Song of Ice and Fire" hexology, *A Dance With
      Dragons, The Winds of Winter* and *A Time of Wolves* to Anne Groell at
      Bantam via agent Kitty McCauley for "The biggest advance I"ve ever
      gotten." He is working on volume three, *The Storm of Swords,* sold
      earlier, and promises not to take as long as between volumes one and
      two, and that six volumes is *it.* British rights have not yet been
      negotiated." (LOCUS, vol 42 no. 2 issue 457, People & Publishing under
      Books Sold, p. 10).

      I hope that the extra speed will not jeopardize Martin's craftsmanship.
      Oh, dear, the ward nurse is lookin' for the Madwoman! ---djb.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic