10313Re: [mythsoc] Gripes about LOTR films

  • David S. Bratman
    Nov 7, 2003
      Interesting. I was particularly amused by Jessica's account of Jude Fisher
      painting Tolkien as some kind of incompetent writer. Certainly there are
      parts of LOTR which could stand literary improvement, and you don't have to
      be a good writer yourself to say so; but I see this as part of a campaign,
      which I've noted here before ("Re: TTT review, startling statement",
      1/12/03), to claim that Jackson has improved a lousy old book that nobody
      ever really liked much anyway.

      - David Bratman
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic