1030Re: Oh Peter, Peter, Peter Beagle...

  • Staci Dumoski
    Jan 2, 2000
      On Sat, 1 Jan 2000 Stolzi@... wrote:

      > ....Why did he have to mess up an otherwise smashing conclusion to TAMSIN by
      > unnecessarily trashing the God of Heaven... my God, Lewis' God, Tolkien's
      > God, and indeed the God of Jenny Gluckstein, heroine of the novel (even if
      > she doesn't believe in Him)?

      Hmmm. The only thing I recall disappointed by in TAMSIN was that it had
      to end. Maybe it's because I'm a non-believer, but I didn't see any
      theological smashing going on there. Could you provide some page numbers,
      at least, so I can see what must have sailed right over my head?

      Also, just because an author expresses a point of view that you don't
      necessarily agree with doens't mean the work has no worth. I and many
      other non-christians I know still find the Chronicles of Narnia a
      beautiful (and, yes, inspirational) story.

      Staci Ann Dumoski Phantastes
      Editor and Publisher "The Fantasy Writer's Guide"
      editor@... http://www.phantastes.com/

      Fall 1999 Issue Now Online!
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic