10118Re: [mythsoc] Neil Gaiman, Writer Guest of Honor at Mythcon 2004

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Sep 26, 2003
      In a message dated 9/26/2003 7:59:27 AM Central Daylight Time,
      lizziewriter@... writes:

      > Oh he's the genius behind the Sandman graphic novels? I had friends who
      > were into them.... brrr. I'd give him a pass entirely, except that
      > _Coraline_ looked kind of intriguing at the bookshop.

      Lizzie, what don't you like about Sandman?

      I liked Gaiman's NEVERWHERE novel, though it was plenty scary. His STARDUST
      story, wh won a MFA, irritated me by putting irrelevant, explicit sex scenes
      into a Tolkienesque fairy tale which would otherwise have been great for the
      whole family.

      Diamond Proudbrook