Mythopoeic Monthly - December 2008

  • Lynn Maudlin
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2008
      Happy Chanukah! Merry Christmas! Hope you all enjoyed the winter
      solstice and ALL the upcoming holidays.

      Thank you for voting for all your favorite Stewards: we've all been
      re-elected.

      I trust you've subscribed the RSS feed at www.mythsoc.org - if you
      have, you will already know that the room & board packages for Mythcon
      40 (July 17-20, 2009) are posted; UCLA's DeNeve Plaza conference space
      puts us in a single modern building for dorms, meals, and programming;
      each dorm room has its own bathroom (YES!). I also understand that the
      price of conference registration will remain at the current rate
      through the end of *January* 2009.

      I have set up a Twitter account for Mythcon 40 and encourage you to
      follow it at <http://twitter.com/mythcon40> I encourage any Mythcon 40
      related posts to insert #mc40 so we can easily follow everyone's
      Mythcon 40 posts by using Twitter's search function. I'll provide more
      information in the new year; folks with questions can email me:
      mythcon AT mythsoc DOT org

      Before closing, I would like to remind Mythies far and wide, near and
      narrow, that a Mythopoeic Society membership might just be the perfect
      gift for a fellow lover of fantasy: not too expensive, not too flashy.
      Or perhaps a subscription to Mythlore or Mythic Circle. For that very
      special loved one we recommend a membership to Mythcon 40. All of
      these thoughtful and tasteful gifts can be immediately procured online
      through the Society's website without any shipping & handling fees
      (hey, we aim to please).

      Blessings one and all, stay warm in the Northern Hemisphere, remember
      your sunscreen in the Southern Hemisphere and I have no message for
      anyone living on the equator other than, "come to Los Angeles for
      Mythcon 40!"

      Don't drink and drive, don't text and drive, don't write your doctoral
      thesis and drive-- just drive.

      -- Lynn Maudlin --