Mythcon 40 reduced membership price until 9/15/2008

  • Lynn Maudlin
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2008
      As those of you who attended Mythcon 39 in Connecticut know, *next*
      year's Mythcon (40) will be held at UCLA (Los Angeles, California)
      July 17-20, 2009.

      You can register online through the MythSoc website (www DOT mythsoc
      DOT org) and the low price reg has been extended through September
      15th, so join now!

      The Good News and the Bad News (all in one): the room & board package
      will be more expensive than this year's Mythcon at CCSU. This is bad
      news for your pocketbook BUT encouraging news for everybody who
      attended and were *disappointed* (hey! give me credit for my
      restraint!) at the quality of the room & board.

      In fact, the whole facility is more expensive - but I've been there
      and the De Neve Plaza Conference Center is quite nice - check out
      <http://map.ais.ucla.edu/portal/site/UCLA/menuitem.789d0eb6c76e7ef0d66b02ddf8483\
      44a/?vgnextoid=3e9b5852ea143010VgnVCM1000008f8443a4RCRD>
      for a small glimpse of bedroom & list of amenities.

      -- Lynn, your friendly neighborhood SMC --