[Fwd: C.S. Lewis Summer Conference Discount Extended]

    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2007
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: C.S. Lewis Summer Conference Discount Extended
      Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 19:33:58 -0400
      From: <registrar@...>
      To: Joan M Verba <verba001@...>

      *To celebrate the opening of our new online registration system,
      ***we’ve extended the Early Bird Discount for the C.S. Lewis Summer
      Conference to Friday, May 18th.**

      *Don’t miss your chance to save up to $50 per person!*

      * *

      ****

      *
      *

      *_
      Finding The Way:_*__

      *_C.S. Lewis As Pilgrim Guide In A Pluralistic Age_*__

      *San Diego, California ** June 28 - July 1, 2007*

      *
      *

      _We live* *in a world that is increasingly diverse._ As Christians, we
      must be willing to understand and live with people of other beliefs
      while also holding fast to what we know to be true. Yet how do we
      achieve this delicate balance between “/being in Christ/” while living
      in “/the real world/”?

      *Join us this summer *in /beautiful/ San Diego as we faithfully quest
      together for answers to this and related questions with C.S. Lewis as
      our guide.

      */

      Lectures by Leading Lewis Scholars:/*

      In the spirit of C.S. Lewis, and aided by insights offered by gifted
      speakers from the arts, humanities, sciences, and social sciences, we
      will consider what it really means to understand and live with people of
      other beliefs without compromising on what we know to be true.

      */

      *• * *John Mark Reynolds, **Founder & Director of the Torrey Honors
      Institute; Associate Professor of Philosophy, Biola University; author
      of /Maker of Heaven and Earth: Three Views on the Creation and Evolution
      Debate/.*

      *• * *Paul Ford, *Professor of Systematic Theology and Liturgy at St.
      John’s Seminary; Founding director of the Southern California C.S. Lewis
      Society; author of /Companion to Narnia./

      *• * *Armand Nicholi, Jr.,* *Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry
      at the Harvard Medical School and the Massachusetts General Hospital;
      author of /The Question of God: C. S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud Debate
      God, Love, Sex and the Meaning of Life/.***

      *• * *Diana Glyer, **Professor of English at **Azusa** **Pacific**
      **University**; author of /The Company They Keep: C. S. Lewis and J. R.
      R. Tolkien as Writers in Community/.*

      *• * *Malcolm Guite,* *Chaplain & Fellow, Girton College, Cambridge;
      teacher of Literature and Pastoral Theology; author of /What do
      Christians Believe?/; poet; songwriter and lead guitarist of the rock
      band, /Mystery Train/.*

      *• * *Rick Hill, **Professor of Writing & Literature, **Point**
      **Loma** **Nazarene** **University**; Co-author of /Teaching C.S. Lewis:
      A Handbook for Professors, Group Leaders, and Lewis Enthusiasts/.*

      *• * *Andrew Lazo,* Ph.D. candidate in Modernist British literature at
      Rice University; Jacob K. Javits Fellow in the Humanities; visiting
      scholar at the Marion E. Wade Center; teacher of composition at Houston
      Baptist University.**

      *• * *Vishal Mangalwadi, **International lecturer in twenty-seven
      countries; social reformer; political columnist; author; producer of the
      proposed television documentary, /The Book of the Millennium: How the
      Bible Changed Civilization./*

      /*

      */Inspiring Artists & Performers:/*

      * *

      In addition to rich lectures on Lewis, the Southeast Regional C.S. Lewis
      Conference will be filled with performances by Christian artists.

      */

      *• Ken Medema, **Singer-songwriter; entertainer; worship leader; Founder
      of Briar Patch Music. *

      *• David Melvin, **Director, producer, & screenwriter of a variety of
      independent and studio films, including /C.S. Lewis: Dreamer of Narnia./*

      *• Lamb’s Players Theater, **Performing /Joseph and the Amazing
      Technicolor Dreamcoat/.*

      *• Jeff Kepple, **Physician/singer-songwriter who sings about Narnia,
      his family, and his medical practice.** *

      *• Loren Wiebe, **conducting a choir of Biola University Chorale Alumni.*

      /*

      */
      /*

      */Breakout sessions:/*

      */ /*

      * *

      To facilitate further discussion on relevant conference themes, the
      Summer Conference will feature small group sessions on Friday afternoon
      on living and working as a Christian in a pluralistic world. Topics
      include C.S. Lewis, the “Inklings,” apologetics, prayer, arts and
      culture, film, and a workshop for writers, among others.

      * *

      * *

      * *

      * *

      */A Narnian Children’s Track:/*

      * *

      Designed for children ages /7-12/ (age exceptions gladly considered on
      an individual basis), this program will offer children a chance to
      engage the writings of C.S. Lewis on their own level in imaginative,
      creative and faithful ways. Our goal is to provide purposeful fun so
      that we might encourage children to enjoy their reading, to find little
      life lessons all around them, and to become better followers of Aslan in
      their own unique ways.

      * *

      */ /*

      */Registration:/**//*

      * *

      *Online registration is now available!* Visit www.cslewis.org
      <http://www.cslewis.org/> and register now. Or call us toll-free at
      1-888-CSLEWIS. Discounted rates are available for students, children,
      couples, and groups.

      * *

      * *

      Don’t miss this feast for the heart, mind, and imagination!

      Register now at www.cslewis.org <http://www.cslewis.org/> or call
      1-888-CSLEWIS

      * *

      **

      Program subject to change. The C.S. Lewis Foundation is a
      not-for-profit, public benefit, donor supported 501 (c) (3) tax exempt
      organization.

      If you would like to be removed from future mailings, please e-mail
      registrar@... <mailto:registrar@...> with the word
      “Remove” in the subject line.