[Fwd: Summer Study at C.S. Lewis' Home in Oxford!]

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30 8:08 PM
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: Summer Study at C.S. Lewis' Home in Oxford!
      Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 22:43:59 -0400
      From: <smattson@...>

      Dear friend,

      The time has come! This summer offers a rare chance for you to spend one
      week at the Kilns, the beloved home of C.S. Lewis in Oxford, England!

      It is your chance, not only to live in the same charming brick cottage
      where C.S. Lewis lived for most of his adult life, but also to:

      · …*dine* in style on exquisitely prepared dishes in the inviting
      dining room at the Kilns; take afternoon tea on the lawn beneath
      blossoming fruit trees; and find the perfect Cornish pasty at a medieval
      inn around Oxford;

      · …*experience* the key locations of Lewis’ conversion story,
      including Addison’s Walk and the Whipsnade Zoo;

      · …*g**ro**w* in your own spiritual journey through lectures,
      discussion and reflection in the peaceful setting of the Kilns and
      around England; and .

      · …*share* this adventure among new friends eager to engage the
      times with a vibrant living faith.

      You’ll find all this and more as part of Weeks I, II, & III of the
      *Summer Seminars-in-Residence at the Kilns*,

      July 7 – August 3, 2007.

      Here’s just a sampling of how past seminar participants have
      characterized their experience:

      /“A five star treat of love and beauty. I loved staying at The Kilns and
      hearing it all. It was a dream come true for me --because Lewis has
      been such a close mentor for me for so many years! Thank you!”/

      /Great staff, wonderful experience! The fact that only seven others were
      participating lent a very personal touch that no price tag can assess.
      I recommend this seminar to everyone.”/

      There’s not much time left and even fewer spaces, so we encourage you to
      act now to experience this unique opportunity!

      Weeks I & II with *Dr.* *Malcolm Guite* of Cambridge are almost full.
      *Late breaking news!* We have only just now opened Week III, July 28 –
      August 1, with Seminar favorite *Dr. Jerry Root *of Wheaton College,
      entitled “*C.S. Lewis: Man of Reason and Imagination.**”*

      * *

      For seminar descriptions and registration information, please visit the
      Summer Seminar website
      <http://www.cslewis.org/programs/kilns/2007/index.html> or call
      toll-free 1-888-CSLEWIS.

      For those with a love for the writings of C.S. Lewis and a passion for
      communicating a living faith to the world, the careful study, loving
      fellowship and rich worship of these weeks are not to be missed. We
      sincerely hope to see you in Oxford!

      Yours for the journey,

      Stan Mattson, Ph.D.

      C.S. Lewis Foundation

      Founder and President

      Program subject to change. The C.S. Lewis Foundation is a
      not-for-profit, public benefit, donor supported 501 (c) (3) tax exempt
      organization.