[Fwd: C.S. Lewis SE Regional Conference Coming Soon!]

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2007
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: C.S. Lewis SE Regional Conference Coming Soon!
      Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 18:31:26 -0400
      From: <registrar@...>

      “Faith Set Free: C.S. Lewis and the Quest for Joy”

      *Come join us on the campus of Brentwood Academy in Nashville, Tennessee
      on May 5th *as we engage the world of C.S. Lewis in the company of
      enthusiastic readers from across the region. Together, we will explore
      his life and works, discovering the essential role of faith in our own
      quest for Joy. Featuring engaging lectures by Lewis scholars, inspiring
      performances by leading Christian artists, a variety of breakout
      sessions on the role of joy in our own lives and work, and a Children’s
      Track for young Narnians (ages 7-12), the Southeast Regional C.S. Lewis
      Conference offers a feast for the heart, mind, and imagination!

      Lectures by Leading Lewis Scholars!

      When C.S. Lewis described his conversion to Christianity in his
      autobiography /Surprised by Joy/, he spoke of Joy as being the
      fulfillment of the longing for our Creator, which he called /Sehnsucht.
      /This connection between Joy and the longing for God would become a
      central theme in Lewis’ life and works, so much so that Lewis once
      stated, “In a sense the central story of my life is about nothing else…
      It is that of an unsatisfied desire which is itself more desirable than
      any other satisfaction. I call it Joy….”

      So that we may affirm the essential role of Joy in our own lives, noted
      Lewis scholars *Joseph Pearce*, *Stan Mattson* and *Andrew Lazo* will
      take you on a journey through the life and works of Lewis in three
      insightful lectures:

      * /“/The Long Journey Home/:/ C.S. Lewis and /Surprised by Joy/*/
      /**Stan Mattson*, Founder & President, C.S. Lewis Foundation
      * “Faithful and Free: C.S. Lewis and the Joyful Intellect”
      *Joseph Pearce*, Professor & Writer-in-Residence, Ave Maria

      * “The Quest for Joy in The Chronicles of Narnia”
      *Andrew Lazo*, Fellow, Rice University; Visiting Scholar, Marion
      E. Wade Center

      Inspiring Performances!

      In addition to rich lectures on Lewis, the Southeast Regional C.S. Lewis
      Conference will feature performances by Christian artists in Joy-filled

      * The *Ad Deum Dance Company* of Houston will pair with guest
      singer-songwriter *Stacy Jagger *in an exploration of faith,
      grace, beauty and redemption through music and dance.

      * Artist and former pastor, *Joe Castillo* will create an “Art
      Story," a presentation in which he discusses themes from Narnia
      while illustrating them, ultimately combining the smaller
      Narnian images into a surprise larger portrait of C.S. Lewis.

      * Physician/Musician *Jeff Kepple* and his daughter *Kelsey* will
      entertain you with songs inspired by their own journey to Narnia.

      * Finally, you will be delightfully entertained and greatly informed
      by a private screening of the recently released and superb Disney
      documentary, */C.S. Lewis: Dreamer of Narnia/*/./

      Small Group Breakout Sessions on the Role of Joy in Our Lives!

      One of the special rewards of attending the Southeast Regional Retreat
      is the rich fellowship with other "Mere" Christians and seekers. Our
      breakout sessions will provide valuable time to engage such relevant
      topics as Communicating the Gospel through the Arts; The Joyful Business
      of Songwriting and Recording; Expressions of Joy through Modern Dance;
      Storytelling: The Oral Tradition; the Apologetics of Joy; Christianity
      and Popular Culture; and Finally Finding Joy: /Till We Have Faces/.

      An Acclaimed Children’s Track!

      Designed for children ages 7-12 (age exceptions gladly considered on an
      individual basis!), this program will offer children a chance to engage
      the writings of Lewis on their own level in imaginative, creative and
      faithful ways. Our goal is to provide purposeful fun so that we might
      encourage children to enjoy their reading, to find little life lessons
      all around them, and to become better followers of Aslan in their own
      unique ways!

      Don’t miss this feast for the heart, mind, and imagination!

      Register now at www.cslewis.org <http://www.cslewis.org/> or call

      Program subject to change. The C.S. Lewis Foundation is a
      not-for-profit, public benefit, donor supported 501 (c) (3) tax exempt