Fwd: Bree Moot 4/Mythcon 30

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 1999
      ----- Forwarded message begins here -----
      From: David Lenander <d-lena@...>
      Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999
      Subject: Bree Moot 4/Mythcon 30

      I don't think I've noticed anyone posting that the deadlines for Bree
      Moot/Mythcon paper proposals and advance registration rates were extended (and
      once again at hand with the end of April). The conference is focusing
      particularly on Tolkien this year, but the usual topics of Inklings-related or
      general and contemporary fantasy stories and writers (as in the Mythopoeic
      Awards) remain welcome and there will also be a particular focus on some of the
      writers championed by scholar/editor guest of honor Douglas A. Anderson (such as
      Kenneth Morris).

      Paper proposals should go to Jan Bogstad, U of WI-Eau Claire, at
      bogstajm@...

      Advance registrations go to Jo Ann Johnson, 293 Selby Ave., St. Paul, MN
      55102-1811

      there is a registration form and some additional information on the web-page,
      see my sig file below.

      On a personal note, I'm looking for papers or people who've written or worked on
      the works of P.C. Hodgell, as well as other Minnesota & Wisconsin area fantasy
      writers, including Eleanor Arnason, Caroline Stevermer, Peg Kerr, Ruth Berman,
      Phyllis Karr, Elizabeth Kindt McKenzie, and most of the Scribblies, incl. Pat
      Wrede, Pam Dean, Emma Bull, Kara Dalkey who've been the subjects of Mythopoeic
      Society & University of Wisconsin (Madison) Tolkien Society discussions for a
      panel or other program at Mythcon/Bree Moot. Please reply with any suggestions
      of people I might contact or citations I might have missed, thanks.

      David Lenander, Library Manager I
      Bio-Medical Library Access Services work: (612)626-3375
      Circulation, Core Collections & Reserve Desks home: (651)292-8887
      Diehl Hall/505 Essex SE fax: (612)626-2454
      University of Minnesota
      Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455

      e-mail: d-lena@...
      web-page: http://www.tc.umn.edu/nlhome/m391/d-lena/BreeMoot.html