FWD: Mythcon 32

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2000
      ----- Forwarded Message Starts Here -----

      From: Eleanor Farrell
      Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 11:51:35 -0800

      Subject: Mythcon 32

      Our next Mythopoeic Conference (Mythcon 32) will be held from August 3-6,
      2001, at the Clark Kerr Campus in Berkeley, California. The conference
      theme is "Many Dimensions: Modern Supernatural Fiction", and focuses on the
      role of Inkling Charles Williams as a "father" of this genre. Mythcon 32
      Guests of Honor will be David Llewellyn Dodds (Williams Scholar) and Peter
      S. Beagle (award-winning fantasy author). The event will include talks from
      our guests of honor, scholarly papers, panels, discussions and readings,
      exhibits, and entertainment. We will have a dealer's room, art show, and
      Society auction, a costume masquerade and Bardic Circles. Our Sunday
      evening banquet will include presentation of the annual Mythopoeic Awards.

      The Mythcon 32 Paper Call has been previously published on this list; check
      the archives if you missed this post.

      Conference registration (until March 1, 2001) is $35 for Mythopoeic Society
      members and $45 for non-members. Membership for children aged 7-13 is $25.
      Conference room and board rates are available; please contact the Mythcon
      32 registrar or visit our web site for details. Progress Report 1 is in the
      process of being bulk-mailed to registered attendees and to our conference
      mailing list. You can download a PDF copy of PR#1 from the Mythcon 32 web
      site, along with a registration form which can be printed and mailed.

      Mythcon 32 information:
      Bonnie Rauscher, Registrar
      E-mail: bonnier@...
      Web: http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon32.html

      ----- Forwarded Message Ends Here -----
      Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
      Mythopoeic Press Secreatary, Mythopoeic Society
      List Administrator for Docex, MNSCBWI, MYTHSOC,
      and MNSCREENW lists