New Webmaster and Mythcon 45

  • lynnmaudlin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2013
      Hello, friends!

      In our ongoing effort to only send *very* important messages via the Mythopoeic Announcements List (what you're reading right now), I combine two notices in one.

      First, after more than a year of searching, we were delighted to find David Emerson, right under our respective noses, and he responded to our "webmaster needed urgently" plea at the Annual General Meeting of the Mythopoeic Society (held each year at Mythcon) and much huzzah'ing has commenced!

      Second, Mythcon 45 is taking memberships on the website:
      <http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon/mythcon-45/>
      Dr. Richard C. West is our Scholar GOH and our Author GOH will be announced soon, we trust. In any case, we're excited to have another Mythcon in the Northeast after the success of Mythcon 39 in Connecticut. You might start tracking airfares, either to Logan Int'l in Boston or to Providence, RI (which is technically closer). There are other travel options, especially for folks on the East coast.

      I encourage you to make plans to attend Mythcon 45, August 8-11, 2014, at Wheaton College in Norton, Massachusetts. Chair is Dr. Michael D.C. Drout, our Scholar GOH at Mythcon 42!! :D

      -- Lynn Maudlin, Secretary for Mythopoeic Conferences,
      Council of Stewards --