Mythcon 44 PR#3 now available, Room & Board deadline approaching!

  • lynnmaudlin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30 6:47 PM
      Hey there, Lynn Maudlin here, Secretary for Mythopoeic Conferences, making one of our rare Mythopoeic Announcements:

      1) Progress Report 3 is now available on the MythSoc website:
      <http://www.mythsoc.org/news/mythcon-44-progress-report-3-available/>
      It contains important information about transportation and how the Kellogg shuttle works, so be sure to download it and read it. It will also be sent to Mythcon 44 conference members via MailChimp but, as we are currently "between" webmasters, that task is going to take us longer than we would like. So please go download it for yourself.

      2) Room & Board deadline for Mythcon 44 is JUNE 11th - this is less than two weeks away, which means that Mythcon 44 is just over five weeks away. You can still join the conference (do come, it will be fun!) and you can even join at the door, but it will cost more.
      You can possibly get room & board packages after the deadline BUT they're not guaranteed and they may well cost more; delay at your own peril. The deadline for MEALS (primarily meaning The Banquet) is July 1; individual meals at Brody can be purchased at the door:
      <http://www.eatatstate.com/diningoncampus>

      3) At Mythcon 44, you'll be able to join Mythcon 45-- as we have done previous years, there will be a special Mythcon-only rate to join Mythcon 45. We have accepted a bid from Michael Drout (our Scholar GOH at Mythcon 42) to hold Mythcon 45 at Wheaton College in Norton, MASSACHUSETTS, situated between Boston, MA, and Providence, RI. You'll be able to pay for registration with check or credit card, making it very easy (shoot, we'll even take cash). This will be our second Mythcon in the Northeast.

      Thank you for participating in the Mythopoeic Announcements List - this is the way we get time-critical information to the members of the Society.

      See you in East Lansing!

      -- Lynn Maudlin --