Mythcon 44 Scholar GOH update

  • lynnmaudlin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2013
      Hello friends,

      Lynn Maudlin here, secretary for Mythopoeic Conferences, and I wanted to let you know that our originally scheduled Scholar Guest of Honor for Mythcon 44 <http://www.mythcon.org>, Dr. Christopher Mitchell, director of the Wade Center in Wheaton, had a major life-change and gave us his regrets (he's moving from Illinois to California this summer, making it too big a challenge to *also* be our GOH).

      But never fear! Intrepid Mythcon chair Marion VanLoo has acquired for us Douglas A. Anderson, winner of the Mythopoeic Scholarship Award in Inklings Studies for "The Annotated Hobbit" in 1990, and this is an especially appropriate pairing of guest and theme - after all, there's a lovely hobbit-hole for our conference logo this year.

      Please note the Call For Papers, Registration, and Room & Board are also linked on that same page.

      See you in Michigan this summer!

      -- Lynn --