R.I.P. Mythopoeic Society Founder Glen GoodKnight

  • lynnmaudlin
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2010
      Bonnie GoodKnight Callahan made the following announcement last night:

      "I regret to inform the Mythopoeic Society that Glen GoodKnight passed away on Wednesday night. He had been in poor health for a number of years, but was actively participating in many online activities, cataloging his collection for eventual sale/donation, and appeared to be in stable condition. This has come as a complete shock to his entire family."

      Many wonderful remembrances have appeared on Facebook (there is a Mythopoeic Society group page) and individual LiveJournal postings; Mythprint editor Jason Fisher will focus the November Mythprint on Glen GoodKnight, our remarkable founder, and I hope that soon the Stewards' blog (The Horn of Rohan) will go live and doubtless reference Glen's passing, too.

      This announcement is just to let you all know; I will send out another MythAnn message when I have the details about his memorial service.

      Good time to hug your loved ones--

      -- Lynn Maudlin, Secretary for Mythopoeic Conferences, Council of Stewards --