87Mythcon 40 ...tick ...tick ...tick

  • Lynn Maudlin
    Jun 30, 2009
      NO, it is NOT Captain Hook's alligator coming back around for another tasty hand - it's TIME running out to preregister & arrange room and board packages (and UCLA parking, I think ...Sarah?) for MYTHCON 40 at UCLA, De Neve Plaza in Los Angeles (basically Westwood).

      The LAST DAY for prereg & room/board is JULY 6th.

      Please note the tentative schedule is now up at the website:

      Fantasy author & artist James A. Owen! Inklings scholar Diana Pavlac Glyer! Mythies large and small!

      Come join the fun... be there or be polyhedronic!

      If you've never read "What is Mythcon?" on the website, please do take a gander <http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon/about/> (includes a link to the history of the Not Ready for Mythcon Players); also Neil Gaiman's quick blog-post on his experience in 2004
      <http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2004/08/lewis-and-clarke-not-to-mention-snuff.asp\> and his promised & reconstructed GOH speech
      <http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon/35/speech/>. In fact, I invite you to wander through the Mythsoc website conference history pages
      <http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon/history/> and delight at gems like Lee Speth's Mythcon 26 con report <http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon/26/report/>

      James A. Owen <http://www.heretherebedragons.net/?page_id=7> Fantasy author & artist

      Diana Pavlac Glyer <http://www.theplaceofthelion.com/> Inklings scholar & author

      We will also enjoy the presence of Mythopoeic Society founder Glen GoodKnight and fantasy author Tim Powers

      THE VENUE:
      UCLA is a lovely campus and DeNeve Plaza is beautifully appointed and fully accessible (check out the Urban Dictionary definition of DeNeve Plaza--!).

      Amenities include:
      * Cable T.V.
      * High Speed Internet
      * In-room Telephone
      * Alarm Clock
      * Daily Maid Service
      * 24-hour Front Desk with Faxing and Photocopying Services
      * 850-seat Dining Room (featuring all-you-care-to-eat meals)

      UCLA presentation for conferences: <http://www.bclip.com/venue_viewer/ucla/>

      SEE YOU THERE!!!

      -- Lynn Maudlin --