172000 Mythopoeic Awards

    Aug 26, 2000
      The winners of the 2000 Mythopoeic Awards were announced on August 19th
      during the banquet at the 31st Mythopoeic Conference (Mythcon XXXI), held
      in Volcano, Hawai'i. The winners are:

      Mythopoeic Fantasy Award for Adult Literature:

      _Tamsin_ by Peter S. Beagle

      Mythopoeic Fantasy Award for Children's Literature:

      _The Folk Keeper_ by Franny Billingsley

      Mythopoeic Scholarship Award in Inklings Studies:

      _Roverandom_ by J.R.R. Tolkien, edited by Christina Scull and Wayne G.
      Hammond

      Mythopoeic Scholarship Award in Myth and Fantasy Studies:

      _Strange and Secret Peoples: Fairies and Victorian Consciousness_ by Carole
      G. Silver

      ***
      A PDF version of our Press Release (which includes the complete list of
      finalists and more information on the awards) is available; please contact
      me if you would like to receive this version via e-mail.

      ***********************************
      Eleanor M. Farrell
      Mythopoeic Awards Administrator
      E-mail: emfarrell@...