13FWD: Mythcon Paper Call

    Feb 22, 2000
      ----- Forwarded Message Starts Here -----

      From: ecrowe@...
      Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 11:46:13 -0800
      Subject: Mythcon Paper Call

      Paper Call--the 31st Annual Mythopoeic Conference (Mythcon XXXI)
      Theme: Myth and Legend of the Pacific
      Kilauea Military Camp, Volcano, Island of Hawai'i, Hawai'i
      August 18-21, 2000

      Guest of Honor: Steven Goldsberry
      Author of Maui the Demigod: An Epic Novel of Mythical Hawai'i
      Associate Professor of English (Creative Writing), University of Hawai'i
      at Manoa

      The Mythopoeic Society is an international literary and educational
      organization devoted to the study, discussion, and enjoyment of the
      works of J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis and Charles Williams. It believes
      the study of these writers can lead to a greater understanding and
      appreciation of the literary, philosophical, and spiritual traditions
      which underlie their works, and can also engender an interest in the
      study of the genre of fantasy as a whole and the realm of myth and
      legend from which such authors derive their inspiration.

      Papers dealing with the conference theme are encouraged. We also invite
      papers focusing on the work and interests of our Guest(s) of Honor, or
      on the Inklings (especially Tolkien, Lewis and Williams). Papers on
      other fantasy authors and themes are also welcome. Some that suggest
      themselves are island worlds; the Great Sea; sea journeys; symbolism of
      earth and fire. We are interested in papers from a variety of
      perspectives and disciplines.

      Papers should be suitable for oral presentation within a time period of
      20 to 45 minutes, leaving 10-15 minutes for questions. They should
      conform to the MLA Style Manual. Papers chosen for presentation at the
      conference will be considered for publication in Mythlore, the refereed
      journal of the Mythopoeic Society. Abstracts of papers should be sent to
      the Papers Coordinator at the following address by April 30, 2000:

      Edith L. Crowe, Clark Library
      San Jose State University
      San Jose, CA 95192-0028
      Phone: 408.924.2738
      Fax: 408.924.2701

      ----- Forwarded Message Ends Here -----
      *Joan Marie Verba verba001@...*
      *Mythopoeic Press Secretary, Mythopoeic Society *
      *List Administrator for DocEx, Mythsoc, MNSCBWI *
      * and MNSCREENW lists *
      *http://www.sff.net/people/Joan.Marie.Verba *