125Mythcon 45 Room & Board packages now available

  • lynnmaudlin
    Mar 28, 2014
      Whew! At long last we've got room & board packages, meal packages, stand-alone banquet tickets, and extra Thursday night rooms available for Mythcon 45, coming up August 8-11, this summer.

      PLEASE NOTE: there are some oddities to this year's conference: first, it doesn't matter if you have a single or  double, the rate is the same per person. IF you want to share your room (you know, with your spouse, maybe!) please be sure to notify Conference Registration of your roommate's name (you can write the roommate name in the "Note to Seller" space in the PayPal form).

      The price difference this year comes between AIR-CONDITIONED and NON-air-conditioned rooms. Bear in mind, there are a limited number of air-conditioned rooms available, so we cannot guarantee an air-conditioned room if you don't buy your room & board package early.

      We can offer lodging for Thursday night before Mythcon (August 7, 2014), room only. Again, there is a choice between air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned rooms. There is The Cafe on Wheaton College campus which opens at 8:30 a.m. and closes at 3 p.m. so Friday morning breakfast and/or lunch will be available but Thursday dinner will require leaving campus.

      Some very interesting and unusual things are being developed for Mythcon 45 so the theme, Where Fantasy Fits, will be examined in several different ways - I do encourage you to come to Mythcon 45 in Norton, Massachusetts (fly into either Boston, MA, or Providence RI) and enjoy Richard C. West, our Scholar Guest of Honor, and Ursula Vernon, our Author (and Artist!) Guest of Honor. Good fun and good scholarship awaits!

      Finally, Progress Report #1 is being put together right now and will be published soon in an interim issue of Mythprint - keep your eyes open!

        -- Lynn Maudlin, Steward for Mythopoeic Conferences --